(english)Today I went to buy veggies and fruits to Stanley's (where everything is cheap and tasty)...and there I found them...in a little corner: figs from California. They were not the same as the figs from my grandparent's garden, but my heart started pounding super fast. They had small baskets with about a dozen figs each. Extra tiny. $3.95. 50 cents per bite. Memories from home were going through my head...and I thought..."I will pay what ever it takes!" for that moment of happiness. When I took a closer look I realized that they were not in very good condition and they still had to make a bumpy trip on my bike's basket until arriving home. So I took a deep breath and left the Californian figs behind without looking back. My grandma used to say..."if I could send you some figs through internet"...
Look at the photo closely...it is not meant for a catalogue...but it is the picture of the perfect fig...the one that has those cracks..which show that the fig is at its life's best moment...and the red dot which advances that is redelicious inside...even if the figs which have a light green skin are usually white. And between the red and the white there is a 8.000 kms. This is perfection! Ohhhhhh! Please! I have withdrawal symptoms! I miss u! So much!
(español)
Hoy he ido a comprar verduritas y frutas a Stanley's (donde todo es barato y sabroso)...y en una esquinita me los he encontrado: higos de California. No es lo mismo que higos de Zamudio, pero aun así mi corazón ha empezado a latir a toda velocidad. Era una cestita de una docena aproximadamente. Minúsculos. $3.95. 50 centavos el bocado. Por mi cabeza recuerdos de mi tierra...ese sabor..ahhh..que me revuelve la memoria de arriba abajo...pienso..."pago lo que haga falta!!!"..por ese momento de felicidad. Pero me acerco a observarlos mas detenidamente y veo que estan medio potxitos ya...y tenían que sobrevivir el viaje a casa en la cesta de mi bici. Asi que he hecho de tripas corazón y me he alejado de los higos californianos sin mirar atras. Amama me solía decir.."si pudiera mandarte higos por internet."..
Fijaros en la foto...no es de catálogo...pero es la foto del higo perfecto...el que tiene un poquito de grietas..que dan la pista de que estan a puntito de caramelo...y el punto rojo que advina que es rojo por dentro a pesar de que el higo que tiene la piel verde clarito suele ser blanco. Y entre el blanco y el rojo hay un abismo de 8.000 kms. Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Por favor!!!! que monoooooo! I miss u! So much!
(euskera)
laster etortzeko
No comments:
Post a Comment